Another issue that I think can be a problem in overcoming childhood obesity can simply be that results can be hard to come by and are often times slow to see. Most kids don't understand the physical processes involved and let's face it, when have kids ever liked to wait for anything? So I thought it would be good to look up and find some success stories of people that have overcome this challenge themselves and how they did it. I hope that they can be a source of hope and inspiration for those who need it.
Here's an interesting perspective that involves a cultural outlook at the problem. Sonia Guzman not only overcame her own struggle with obesity but now she actively volunteers to educate others on how to succeed. Check it out here.
Here's an article about several families and what they went through during their struggles with childhood obesity. I feel it accentuates the fact that it is a family effort that will bring about real success.
Here's a story of a school in Chicago and how they have achieved success in fighting this epidemic. It highlights the fact that parental involvement was needed for the level of success they obtained.
Overall there are many stories out there showing that success is a very real possibility. Patience is necessary but the results are life changing. So remember, teaching a lifestyle is a long process and won't occur overnight. However, if you stay consistent the results are real and will be obtainable.
No comments:
Post a Comment