Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hope and a Plan

With the recent rise of the obesity epidemic it is not hard to imagine that almost all of us have been affected by it in some shape or form. Whether we personally struggle with it or have someone close to us that wrestles with it, it can be a frustrating and depressing cycle. It is particularly disheartening when it is a child that has to deal with this struggle. Having seen this take place, I feel that the best way to overcome and have long lasting success is to establish a healthy lifestyle. I'm not one that thinks there is a specific size or weight that everyone should try to achieve. I feel that this is something to be determined by the individual. However, I do feel that everyone could be enormously benefited by adopting a healthy, active lifestyle.

The focus of this blog will be on different ways to teach this kind of a lifestyle to children. Obviously the specifics will need to be modified to fit each person, but the general rules can be applied to everyone. I don't claim to be the absolute expert on everything that I will discuss, and as such I encourage and appreciate anyone who wants to comment on my ideas. In fact, I feel that an open discussion about this issue can be a great help to everyone involved.

Another of my goals will be to come up with local ideas and opportunities that can contribute to this type of a lifestyle. Here in Provo there are plenty of opportunities to be active and enjoy the area. Again, I am not the absolute expert on this and I am positive there are plenty of small treasures to be found. If anyone knows of these, again feel free to contribute.

I plan on posting at least once a week, possibly more. The ideas to teach this lifestyle truly are endless. So lets all keep our eyes open, do what we can, and enjoy the benefits of experiencing this way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment